RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING DETERMINATION AND DISPOSAL OF SURPLUS PERSONAL PROPERTY
WHEREAS, The Town of Newton Grove owns a Ford F150 truck that is no longer needed;
WHEREAS, under the provisions of North Carolina G.S. 160A-266 permits the Town to sell
personal property by advertisement and sealed bid; and
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Commissioners of the Town of Newton
1. The Board of Commissioners hereby authorized the sale of the tractor by sealed bid.
2. The Town will accept sealed bids for the property until 3:00 P.M., Friday, June 7, 2019.
Bids shall be delivered to the office of the Town Clerk, 304 W Weeksdale St, Newton
3. At 3:00 P.M., Friday, June 7, 2019 all bids received shall be opened in public and the
amount of each bid recorded. The record of bids shall be reported to the Board of
Commissioners at their regular meeting on Monday, June 10, 2019.
4. The Board of Commissioners will determine the highest responsible bidder for the
property. Bids will remain open and subject to acceptance until the Board awards the bid.
5. To be responsible, a bidder must be current on all property taxes owed to the Town.
6. The Town reserves the right to withdraw the property for sale at any time and the right to
reject all bids.
APPROVED THIS 13TH DAY OF MAY 2019